Schemes available from the Department
- The major scheme of the Arts and Culture Department is the Intensive Arts and Culture Development Programme (I.A.C.D.P.), which is being implemented through the MLAs. The objective of the scheme is to promote indigenous folk and tribal arts and culture and vanishing art forms in the field of music, dance and drama. A sum of Rs.2.50 lakhs has been earmarked for each Assembly Constituency every year.
- The department is extending financial assistance to registered Voluntary Cultural Organisations for organizing of cultural dances, drama, etc. under the scheme Assistance to Voluntary Cultural Organisation.
- The department is extending financial assistance to the budding authors for production of Folk Literature in order to develop and promote and develop the Khasi and Garo Literatures.
- Literary Award Scheme provides an award to the authors of the best books in Khasi and Garo in recognition of their contribution towards the development and promotion of Khasi and Garo Languages. This scheme is extended to the eligible authors under the recommendation of the Committee of Experts in the field of Literatures.
- Financial Assistance to the deserving artistes, artisans and living exponents of traditional art forms in order to continue their profession and impart training to others is extended under the scheme Financial Assistance to Exponents of Traditional Art Forms/ Living Heritage Scheme.
- Besides the schemes mentioned earlier, the department recommends the application of suitable individuals/ organizations for assistance under various schemes of Sangeet Natak Akademi and the 'Samarthan' Schemes of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, New Delhi.